'Hollow Log' Regatta To End Fall Rowing With Five-Boat Race

The varsity crew will mark the end of the fall rowing season with the annual "Hollow Log Regatta" on the Charles tomorrow morning.

A Union Boat Club shell, manned by former Crimson oarsmen, will join the four varsity boats for the three-quarter mile event.

The course will run downstream form the regular spring season finish line to the Massachusetts Avenue Bridge. Starting time is set for 11 a.m.

Coach Harvey Love named Nat Goddard, Carlo Zezza, Nick Platt, and Howie Cushing to stroke the four varsity boats. The other oarsmen were chosen at random from among the present varsity candidates, so none of the boats. The other oarsmen were chosen at random from among the present varsity candidates, so none of the boats is actually the final varsity crew. Goddard, Zezza, and Platt are all sophomores.

The Regatta has been held on Armistice Day for the past three years. It formerly took place later in the month.

The crew will continue to practice on the rowing machines and in the indoor tank during the winter months.