Varsity Scrimmages Freshman 11 Preparing for Nassau Single Wing

Freshman tailback Walt Stabura passed from a simulated Princeton single-wing yesterday afternoon, as the varsity football team prepared for Saturday's game with the Tigers. Along with the defensive work, the varsity also polished its offense in the dummy scrimmage against the Yardlings.

Among the missing from yesterday's session were Matt Botsford and Dexter Lewis. Botsford, who was second in rushing and fifth in total offense in the Ivy League before getting hurt in the Ohio game, has a bad elbow. Coach Lloyd Jordan reported, "I don't know exactly how he is, but I do know there isn't any break in the elbow. His arm is in a sling, and I imagine he'll be out for quite a while."

Lewis, meanwhile, has "a bad leg pull, which is not coming around, and I can't count on him," the Crimson coach continued. On the brighter side, however, was the return to action of tackle Dick Koch and end George Clark--both of whom had missed the Ohio game.

Working out in a sweat-suit along the sidelines at yesterday's drill was center Jan Meyer, but Jordan does not expect the junior's back to recover completely this season. Meyer started the first three games for the varsity this year.