Alumni Propose To Unite Drives In Three Sports

Baseball, crew, and hockey fund raising appeals will be consolidated into a unified drive if alumni groups carry out present proposed plans, it was learned last night.

"The merger has been discussed, but no definite meeting to work it out has been held as yet," said Alexander H. Bright '19, chairman of the Friends of Harvard Hockey, last night.

As separate organizations composed of alumni and friends, the Friends of Harvard Baseball, Hockey, and Rowing have always conducted separate drives for funds. The baseball group was organized last year to collect funds to send the nine south for five pre-season games.

The Friends of Harvard Hockey raised some $280,000 last year, most of it for the roof on the new hockey rink.

Carroll F. Getchell, Business Manager of the Athletic Department, noted last night that no details of the unification have yet been discussed. It is not known how the collected revenue would be shared by the three sports, or if sports other than baseball, crew, and hockey will be involved in the plan.