Judges Decide Jaffe, Baker-Smith Will Be Ames Finalist Clubs

Judges chose the Jaffe Club as the second finalist team in the law School's Ames Competition Wednesday night, Jaffe won an unanimous victory over the Seavey Club and the right to oppose the Baker-Smith Club next April in the final mock trial.

Baker-Smith defeated Hall unanimously Monday night to become the other finalist. Both will end their two years of inter-club competition before graduation next spring when one wins the $300 first prize and the other a $200 prize. Each eight-man, club competes as a team of researchers with two serving as oralists.

Traditional Judges

Baker-Smith oralists are Irwin I. Kimmelman of Newark, N. J., and Marvin A. Sachs of Bayonne, N.J. Jaffe oralists are John D. Stoner '56, of Bloomington, Ind., and Alman R. Trustman '52 of Brookline, Mass.

Traditionally a Supreme Court justice, a high state court judge, and a nationally prominent barrister are final judges in the 52-year-old competition. Wednesday's presiding judge was Schackelford Miller, Jr., judge of the United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, and Monday's was Stanley H. Fuld, judge of the New York Court of Appeals. Two other prominent barristers were on the bench both nights.