U.N. Council Makes Constitutional Change Cutting Heads' Work

The United Nations Council last night revised its constitution to reduce that administrative burdens upon its president by making the duties of subordinate officers more explicit.

Retiring president Bruce M. Selya '55, criticizing the maturity of previous vice-presidents, suggested the change as the Council was electing new officers.

Included in the full slate of new officers were two vice-presidents charged with the specific responsibility of arranging conferences and cultural activities. Their appointment "will give functional purpose to the office," Selya said.

New president of the U.N. Council is David A. Titus '56. He successfully defeated Morton Korn '57 and David Richardson '56 in a vote struggle that went to three ballots.

Losers Vice-Presidents

Korn and Richardson subsequently were elected to the newly-emphasized vice-presidential positions, in charge of conferences and cultural activities respectively.

Selya also said that he had resigned as state chairman of the Collegiate Council of the U.N. In order to insure that this post will remain among club membership, he suggested Edward Robin '57 as his replacement.