Unbeaten Racquetmen Face Amherst Today

Another potential sacrificial lamb comes to town this afternoon to meet the unbeaten Crimson squash team. A lackluster Amherst squad should provide the varsity with its eighth straight win of the season as well as a welcome breather after last week's win over Army. Match time is set for 3 p.m. on the Hemenway courts.

The Lord Jeffs have run into rough going so far this season, dropping three of their first four matches to relatively soft opposition, Despite Amherst's apparent weakness, Coach Jack Barnaby is expected to maintain his usual lineup. Haddon Tomes will be in the number one position with Larry Brownell at number two and Bill Wister at number three.

Captain Mike Ward is slated to play four, Johnny Rauh five, and Ed Rose number six. Paul Garrigue, Guy Paschal, and Al Stone will round out the Crimson lineup, probably in that order.

Crimson hopes for a second straight national title received a further boost Wednesday when Army handed Yale its first defeat of the season by a 5 to 4 score. The varsity thus remains the only major unbeaten team in the country; the Crimson's chief rivals, Yale and Army, have each lost one, while highly rated Navy and Princeton have suffered two defeats.