BRIEFS

College

Willman to Head Y.D.C.

Frederick Willman '56 was re-elected president of the Young Democratic Club, at the organization's last meeting. Others chosen to serve with him were Robert Flaherty '55, vice-president; Thomas Ehrlich '56, secretary; Joe Steinberg '56, treasurer; Frank Rhuland '54, Joseph Sweeney '54, and Edward Lerner '54, members at large.

Dr. Stack Receives Prize

Dr. Maurice V. Stack, research fellow in Dental Medicine, has received the Chicago Dental Society's 13th annual essay prize worth $500. Stack's essay was based on studies which he had made showing that the sound portions of teeth with cavities do not differ from healthy teeth. His work also proved that the organic composition of teeth does not depend on a person's age or sex.

Freshmen Plan Dance

The Freshman Union Committee has announced plans for a mixer with 400 girls from 14 Boston colleges, Feb. 26. The Committee said that only 500 tickets will be sold, exclusively to freshmen.

University 14th Largest

The University is now the 14th largest in America, according to recently compiled statistics. With 10,058 full-time students, the University is second only to Columbia in the number of students enrolled for full-time study. Columbia's enrollment is 11,785.

The University of California, with its many branches is the largest in the nation, with 33,382 students.

Professors to Discuss Big Four

Three government professors will discuss the effects of the Big Four Berlin conference at a forum, Feb. 24 in Burr B. The speakers will be Adam B. Ulam, assistant professor of Government, Carl J. Friedrich, professor of Government, and Merle Fainsod, also a professor of Government. Daniel S. Cheever '39, a government lecturer, will also participate.

H.L.U. to Publish Magazine

The Liberal Union has announced that it is completing formal arrangements for the publication of a national magazine which it hopes will express the political thought of college students.

"New Generation," published by the Liberal Union last year, is being merged with "prospects," a magazine put out by students from Columbia and Sarah Lawrence.

Copland to Talk

Sir Douglas Copland, High Commissioner for Australia in Canada, will discuss "Second Thoughts on Full Employment," Thursday night in the Littauer Auditorium.