Quintet Will Face Dartmouth Today

The pre-season forecast, which rated the varsity basketball team seventh in the E.I.B.L., has looked as good as the squad has looked bad in the past week. As a matter of fact, the Crimson will drop to seventh if it fails to beat Dartmouth in Hanover at 9 p.m. tonight.

Having lost twice already this season to the Indians--including a 68:59 defeat at the I.A.B. last Saturday--the short varsity five will find a victory a tall order this evening. With the bigger Green team likely to get more than its share of the rebounds, Norm Shepard's squad will have to be hot in its shooting to win.

Dartmouth, which enters the game with a 500 record in E.I.B.L. play, needs a victory tonight to more into a fourth place tie with Yale. Previous to its league win last Saturday, the deep Dartmouth squad defeated the Crimson, 77 to 69, in the semi-finals of the New England Basketball Tournament during the Christmas holiday. The contest didn't count in conference standings.

This evening's game at Hanover will be broadcast over WHRB beginning at 8:55 p.m. Meanwhile, at the Blockhouse, Floyd Wilson's strong freshman basketball team will seek its 11th straight win when it takes on Northeastern at 8 p.m.