Hockey, Squash Teams Can Clinch Titles Today

Varsity to Oppose Tigers in Squash

Not since 1938 has a Princeton squash team won at Harvard. This afternoon at Hemenway, Jack Barnaby's team is heavily favored to defeat the Tigers again and wrap up its second straight national championship in the process.

Victorious over two teams which have already beaten Princeton, the undefeated Crimson's only real threat today is over confidence in this final home match of the year.

Roger Campbell, Princeton's number one man, is Intercollegiate Championship this year. Larry Brownell, first man for the Crimson, is undefeated in team play to date and should give Campbell a close match. Campbell defeated Brownell in an informal match earlier in the season, but Brownell has improved since then.

Every other squash team in the nation has lost at least twice this year. Thus the Crimson can win the title, even if it loses to both Princeton and Yale. The Tigers have lost to Army and Navy; Yale has lost to Princeton and Army; Army has lost to Williams and Harvard. Both Harvard and Yale have beaten Navy.

The rest of the Crimson lineup, in order, will be Haddon Tomes, Johnny Itaugh, Bill Wister, Mike Ward, Ted Rose, Paul Garrigue, Guy Pasehal, and Al Stone. Matches will begin at 3 p.m.

The freshman second team will travel to Andover this afternoon.