4,355 Register Here Today For New College Semseter

Nearly 20,000 signatures will appear on dotted lines this afternoon in Memorial Hall an 4,355 undergraduates will file into the building for spring term registration.

This figure represents a loss of 26 from the enrollment for the past fall term. It is five more than last year's spring term enrollment of 4,350, which was the smallest in the College since World War II.

According to Sargent Kennedy '28, Registrar of the College, 20 students are graduating at mid-year. Offsetting this figure, 50 students are returning to Cambridge after "leaves of absence." The customary drop-out because of academic, financial, and disciplinary problems, however, appreciably lower the not increase in undergraduate population.

The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences requires no general spring term registration because of the generally small student turnover at mid-year. All new and readmitted students, however, must register today.

Francis M. Rogers, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, estimated that the number of his students would suffer a loss of 25 and gain of 50. Added to the present enrollment figure of 1,359, the not increase should raise the spring term total to about 1,385. This is a rather small class, judging by the standards of the past four years, when enrollment totals have been as high as 1,670.

Registraion Starts at 1:00

Undergraduates whose last names begin with letters A through M will register today in Memorial Hall from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Those who have names beginning with letters N through Z will register in Memorial Hall from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. There will be a joint registration for those unable to attend the regular sessions in Memorial Hall from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.

All undergraduates returning after periods of absence are required to register in 3 University Hall today at any time from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Any new student who fails to register today will be charged a fine of ten dollars.