Need a Course?

To abet reckless spirits, the CRIMSON offers today its suggestions for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday courses and will consider Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday courses tomorrow.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9: In Social Sciences 113, Kirtley Mather defines the limitations of science, shows its impact on modern life, and predicts its future development. Organization and smooth, witty delivery are Mather's forte. The course meets in the Geological Lecture room.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10: Yale professor Carl D. Hempel's Philosopry 181, "Methodology of Natural and social science," meeting in Emerson 211, offers humanities concentrators an introduction to some of the problems raised in their own fields by the findings of natural and social science.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11: Dilletantes as well as concentrators should enjoy the History of England, history 142b, covering the period from 1815 to the present. A rarity in the history department, it coats and hare facts with an analytic approach, David E. Owen's suave wit makes the saver 11 lectures easy to digest.

John D. Wild's Humanities 121 is a survey of contemporary movements of religious thought, with emphasis on the philosophical and theological issues between different groups. Hum, 121 meets in Burr A.

Natural sciences 116, "Basic Concepts of Mathematics," is a new experiment: an attempt to introduce non-mathematicians to the power and methods of advanced mathematics without the drudgery of detailed mechanical exercise. Andrew E. Gleason, who teaches the course in Sever 17, is one of the Mathematics department's best lecturers.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12: English 165 offers an opportunity to learn careful land practical literary criticism through the reading of poems, novels, and dramas. The course in solid, and only those thoroughly awake by non should go to Burr A at this hour.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2: those who are eager for a change from the ordinary theoretical course, may be eager to take Fine Arts 17. the catalogue calls it "Practise in modeling and sculpturing," and that should be sufficient to attract a generous enrollment from Radcliffe. Fogg studio, fourth floor, is the place.