Basketball Team Elects Bulger New Captain; Succeeds Krinsky

Roger J. Bulger '55 of Winthrop House and Hollis, N.Y., was elected yesterday to captain the 1954-55 basketball team. He succeeds Ed Krinsky '54, this year's leader.

Bulger, a reserve guard for most of the season, was one of the team's most dependable playmakers. He came off the bench late in the first Yale game to score eight points and spark the team to an upset win.

Before coming to Harvard, Bulger played varsity basketball at Jackson high School in Long Island. He started at guard for the once defeated freshman team of 1951-52.

Final scoring statistics for the past season were also announced yesterday. Guard Ed Condon led the team in field goal percentage with an unusually high 38 percent. Forward Harry Sacks, center Ed Blodnick, and Bulger were close behind with 37, 38, and 35 percent respectively. The team averaged success on 31 percent of its shots.

Guard Ed Krinsky and reserve center Bob Bowman tied for the leadership in free throw percentage with 68 percent. Dick Manning and Sacks followed with 62 percent. Sacks, Manning, and Bill Dennis led the team in rebounding with averages of 8.8, 8.3, and 7.2 per game respectively.

The scoring records for the past season are as follows: Player  total goals  free throws  total points Sacks  101  230  432 Dennis  127  79  333 Blodnick  65  46  176 Krinsky  55  58  168 Condon  46  31  123 Manning  30  30  90 Bowman  26  31  83 Perry  19  23  61 Bulger  9  7  25 Shaw  6  2  14 Flaxman  3  5  11 Adler  3  4  10 Hurst  4  1  9 Nolen  1  3  5 Kantrowitz  0  3  3 Van Doren  0  2  2 Woodman  0  1  1