Class of '54 Will Elect Committee, 3 Marshals in House Voting Today

The Class of '54 votes today for three Marshals and a Permanent Class Committee to govern it after graduation.

Balloting will take place during lunch and dinner hours in all the resident Houses and at lunch in Dudley. Polls opened for the Commuters at lunch yesterday.

The election results will be announced in tomorrow's CRIMSON, after a group of 30-odd Student Councilors and House Committeemen have counted the ballots.

A record number of 85 candidates have submitted nominating petitions and will appear on the election ballot. The ballot will contain the name and picture of each man.

Joseph D. Murphy '55, co-chairman of the election committee, said last night that he expected about two-thirds of the approximately 950 men in the senior class would vote.

Of the 85 seniors running in the election, 12 will be elected by a plurality count as Permanent Class Committeemen. The top three of these, on the basis of preferential voting, will then be chosen as the first, second, and third Class Marshal, and the remaining nine will serve as Committeemen.

Today's system of balloting will be the same as last year's. Seniors can vote for up to 12 candidates in order to preference by placing a number from one to 12 under the name and picture of each man he wishes to elect.