Varsity Records 11-6 Lacrosse Win

The varsity lacrosse team posted an 11 to 6 victory in a practice session with the Boston Lacrosse Club on the Business School field Saturday.

Crimson Coach Bruce Munro had only one line of infielders intact and was able to use only two lines with regularity. Recent injuries and absenteeism forced him to start substitute attackman John Lane and third string center Skip Baldwin with Dexter Lewis on the first line, using the third line on only two occasions.

Disappointing performances at midfield marred the Crimson performance. The BLC, a group of former college players living in and around Boston, looked far better in the midfield and, with a little better defensive work, would probably have won.

Attack and defense performances for the Crimson pleased Munro slightly more, but he saw "nothing to be gleeful about." For the first 12 minutes the varsity went scoreless, but Monk Aiello pumped in two and Ed Curtis made one goal in the final three minutes of the first period.

Curtis scored again in the second half, Captain Phil Waring made three goals, Johnny Lane got two, Baldwin one, and Lewis one.