Lacrosse Team Crushed Tufts, 13-2; Freshmen Elect Newhall Captain

Fred Horween took the center face-off at the start of yesterday's lacrosse game with Tufts and romped through token resistance to score within seven seconds. From then the 13 to 3 victory was almost boring.

The Crimson maintained enthusiasm for the first half, exhibiting its snapplest passing and playmaking of the home season. Phil Waring had three goals at the break, Ed Curtis three, and Dexter Lewis one. Monk Aiello had turned in five assists.

Lewis got his goal when, late in the second quarter, Curtis passed to Phil Waring in front of the cage. The ball grazed the top of Waring's stick and headed for midfield, but Lewis picked it out of the air and flipped it in to make the score 8 to 1.

Tufts' poor showing and a cold breeze took the edge off the Crimson attack during the second half. Curtis got one more goal, Waring two more, and reserve attackman Don Dawidoff put in two. Munro kept his regulars on the bench for most of the last period.

The team travels to Williamstown Saturday for its first big game of the regular season. Williams, Dartmouth, and Yale are perennially the only New England teams able to give the Crimson competition.