Varsity Net Team Defeats Jeffs, 15-1, Plays Green Today

The varsity tennis team is favored to win its seventh straight match when it meets Dartmouth in Hanover at 2 p.m. today. The Crimson's sixth consecutive victory and second in two days came at Amherst by the score of 15 to 1 yesterday.

This afternoon's contest is the varsity's third of the season in Eastern Intercollegiate Tennis League play; in conference action, it has won once and tied once. As usual against the Indians, the Crimson will play a 15-point match, with only the first six singles and the top three doubles counting in the League records.

In the singles, Coach Jack Barnaby will use Ham Gravom, Brooks Harris, Alex Haegler, Captain John Rauh, Gene Mann, Donn Spencer, Don Bossart, Conrad Fischer, Herb Stone, and Terry King.

Freshman Team

Also at Hanover today will be the Yardling tennis team, which won its first match in two starts this season by beating M.I.T., 9 to 0, at Tech yesterday. The Engineers couldn't take a set from the Crimson lineup, which included Steve Gottlieb, Cal Place, Ben Heckscher, Langdon Smith, Doug Gardner, and Barry Boehm. The doubles duos included Place and Heckscher, Smith and Gottlieb, and Charlie Edwards and Dwight Davis.

After the match, the Yardlings elected Gottlieb, a resident of Matthews Hall and New York City, as their 1954 captain.