Nine to Face Brown Today If Weather Favors Contest

Drizzle or deluge, rain has shrouded the Greater Boston Area for the last 11 days, and more is predicted for this afternoon. If the clouds part, however, the varsity baseball team will meet Brown on Soldiers Field at 3:45.

Starting on a soggy mound for the Crimson will be either left-hander John Cooke or sophomore Ed Felton, depending on what the Bruins offer up. Backed by the kind of hitting the varsity showed against Cornell last Saturday, they should succeed in hoisting the Crimson's league record to an even .500, with three wins and three losses.

Coach Stuffy McInnis' lineup for the game will be the same as the winning combination he sent against the Big Red. Dick Hoffman will lead off the batting order and cover left field. Bill Chauncey will hold the center field slot and bat third, and Don Butters will play in right as usual.

Anderson Leads in Hitting

Cleanup batter George Anderson, who leads the team with an 11 for 21 average of .524, will start at first base. Bill Cleary and Ray Maesaka will cover second and third, and Art Noyes will fill the infield gap at shortstop. Bing Crosby will do the catching.

The Crimson showed unexpected hitting power in its game with Cornell Saturday, blasting out a total of 11 hits, and scoring ten runs in a single inning. The victory followed a 9 to 5 defeat at the hands of Army the previous day.

Still out of the lineup for an indefinite period are ace pitcher Andy Ward and shortstop Ed Krinsky. Ward is still bothered by a sore arm, and Krinsky, who pulled a hamstring three weeks ago, is not yet ready to start.

Also suffering from the weather, the JV's were rained out of a game with Newton Jr. College yesterday.