Baseball Varsity Faces Dartmouth

The varsity baseball team seeks its third Eastern League victory in seven games this afternoon at Hanover against an eighth place Dartmouth squad.

Coach Stuffy McInnis will probably start either Jim Fitzgibbons or Ned Felton on the mound. He is also expected to use the same infield which erred five times in Tuesday's debacle against Brown. The varsity lost to the Bruins, 7 to 3.

Cleanup batter George Anderson will start at first, Bill Cleary at second, Ray Maesaka at third, and Art Noyes at short. The outfield will consist of Dick Hoffman in left, Bill Chauncey in center, and Don Butters in right. "Bing" Crosby will start behind the plate.

In baseball action yesterday Crimson teams won two out of three contests. The JV's took their first win by beating Nichols Junior College, 10 to 0, as Stan Shuman struck out 13 men. Bob Gorman, with two triples, led the Crimson offense. In all, the JV's collected 11 hits.

The freshman A team lost its fourth game of the season, 3 to 2, yesterday when B.U. came up with two runs in the last half of the ninth inning. The more successful B squad defeated Middlesex, 5 to 2, for its second victory of the season. The team has yet to lose.