Net Team Loses To Princeton 11-4; Plays Ephs Today

Princeton overpowered the varsity tennis team, 11 to 4, as expected on the rainy Soldiers Field courts Saturday. In the last tennis action of the season, the varsity and freshmen will meet strong William's teams here at 3 p.m. this afternoon.

The best performance for the losers Saturday was given by Captain John Rauh, who lost the first set to the Tigers' tough number three man, Ed Dailey, and then fell behind, 5-0, in the second before rallying to win 7-5 and 6-1.

Pablo Eisenberg and Ted Rogers of Princeton beat Ham Gravem and Brooks Harris in the first two singles matches in straight sets. Eisenberg won, 7-5, 6-3, over Gravem at number one. The only Crimson singles winners besides Rauh were Gene Mann at five and Herb Stone at nine.

The varsity lost three-set matches in the first and second doubles, but Gravem and Harris won a long victory in the third for the Crimson's last win of the afternoon.

Prior to the match, Coach Jack Barnaby announced that Gravem, Harris, and Steve Gottlieb, the freshman captain, would join three Yale players in the biennial Prentice Cup competition against Oxford and Cambridge. The English teams, which won the trophy in the United States in 1952, will play host to this spring's matches.

Gottlieb qualified for the traveling squad by beating Mann. Rauh and Alex Haegler did not compete for the trip berth.