Class of 1954 Elects Eleven To Committee

Five hundred seniors, an unusually small number, last night elected a Leverett House-dominated class day committee. The Bunnies took five out of the committee's 11 places.

At the same time, the seniors approved the class constitution by better than a three to one margin. The final count was 334 to 100.

Aside from the predominance of Leverett men. House representation was divided. Winthrop and Lowell each took two places, while Kirkland and Adams split the remaining two positions. Eliot and Dunster were not represented.

Elected to serve on the class day committee were Edward J. Carey of Westfield and Winthrop, Robert H. Dean of Wellesley and Leverett, James R. Donovan of Wichita, Kan., and Adams, Stephen E. Furst of Hessemer, Ala., and Lowell, John B. Hartwell of Weston and Leverett, and William F. King of West Newton and Leverett.

Also chosen were Harold S. Levy of New York City and Lowell, Charles S. McCarthy and Winthrop, Donald J. Mulvey of Andover and Leverett, Hanson S. Reynolds of Mt. Vernon, N.Y., and Kirkland, and Edward H. Sussenguth of Needham and Leverett.

The committee was originally planned to include only ten members, but a tie between Mulvey and Levy for the tenth position necessitated the change.

Plan Senior Program

The Class Day Committee is responsible for the planning and arranging of the entire senior program for graduation week, June 13 to June 17. This includes such events as the Class Spread, and the Commencement program.

An unusually small number of candidates ran for the Committee. Only 17 students--11 from Leverett House--submitted petitions.

Voting in all Houses but Leverett was low. Ninety percent of the Bunnies cast ballots.

The new senior constitution provides the framework for all actions to be performed by the recently elected class committee.