1929 Arrives, Inhibitions Disappear As Five Free Days of Reunion Begin

Concerts, Symposiums Cocktails Confront Celebrants Today

Twenty-five years of staid, depression spawned life ended for the Class of 1929 yesterday as 400 reunion families poured into Cambridge and poured out good spirits.

The revelers saw their offspring divided up into three groups indiscriminate of sex and given over to counsellors. Thus relieved, parents whirled off to shed the gloom of their graduation-birth.

Lunch, unpacking, a baseball doubleheader, and Humanities and Science tours attracted most. Some preferred the first of four symposiums and found a keen oratorical show. Cocktails then became '29's diet, absorption bubbling on into the night.

For those who didn't have a chance to meet President Pusey and the Deanery and Faculty over a cooling Collins, punches will recommence at 5:30 p.m. today. Before that time, swimming and sports will be one to the there categories of the younger generation while reunioners will have tours and two symposiums available.

Six-Man Forum

The first of these, "Harvard Undergraduate--1954," will take place at 10 a.m. in New Lecture Hall. Wilbur J. Bender, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aids, Arlie V. Bock, Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene, Thomas D. Bolles, Director of Athletics, Raphael Demos, Alford Professor of Natural Religion, Moral Philosophy, and Civil Polity, and Eliott Perkins, lecturer in History and Master of Lowell House, will speak. The moderator will be Charles W. Duhig, Director of Student Personnel at Brandies University.

"Harvard Looks at the East" will be the subject of the forum at 2:30 p.m. in Sanders Theater. The moderator will be Edward S. Mason, George A. Baker Professor of Economics and Dean of the Graduate School of Public Administration.

Climax at Pops

John K. Fairbank, professor of History, Richard N. Frye, assistant professor of Middle Eastern Studies and of General Education, and William L. Langer, Coolidge Professor of History, will participate.

The climax of the second day of reunion will be cocktails dinner, and Harvard Night at the Boston Pops. Buses will leave Cambridge for the special Symphony Hall program at 6 and 8 p.m., with transportation back also being provided after the concert. There will be movies at the Geographic Building for Junior reunioners.

The program for following days includes cruises, beaching, picnics, parades, and the Harvard-Yale baseball game before festivities culminate with alumni exercises in Tercentenary Theater.