Varsity Baseball Team Meets Yale In New Haven at 3 This Afternoon

After winning one of three over the weekend, the varsity baseball team will meet a favored Yale nine in New Haven at 3 p.m. today. Pitching for the Elis will be Bob Davis, who beat the Crimson once last year and who saved a 5-2 Yale victory over Harvard in their only meeting of this season four weeks ago.

Probable starter for the Crimson will be Ken Rossano, a sophomore who has developed rapidly for Coach Stuffy McInnis this spring. His catcher will be George MacDonald, while around the infield McInnis will use George Anderson at first. Bob German at second, Ed Krinsky at shortstop, and either Jim Rahal or Ray Maesaka at third. The outfield will include Bill Cleary in center, Don Butters in right, and either Bill Chauncey or Captain Dick Scheer in left.

The Crimson brings a record of six wins and 14 losses into this afternoon's game. It most recent defeats were at Tufts, 7 to 2. Friday, and at Williams, 7 to 5, Saturday. Prior to the loss in medford, the two teams finished up a contest which had been called in April with the score 8 to 8 after seven innings. Harvard scored twice in the eighth inning played Saturday, while John Cooke was holding the Jumbos hitless for the two frames to give the Crimson a 10-8 win.

Then at Williamstown the next day, Tom Yankus pitched and batted the Purple to victory. He shut out the varsity for seven innings, while his teammates were knocking out Crimson starter John masher. Williams had lost to the Elis, 2 to 1, Wednesday.

Win or lose, the Crimson will be completing a losing season, but topping Yale would end things on a pleasant note.