Rain Dampens 25th Reunion at Essex County Club, but Food Is Unimpaired

Rain dampened 25th reunion festivities at the Essex County Club yesterday, but it didn't affect the food.

In place of the athletic diet of baseball, tennis, and golf, approximately 2,000 lobsters were substituted, accompanied by tureens of clam chowder and appropriate mountains of chicken and lettuce and tomato salad.

When the bars shut down for the afternoon, only a few celebrants tested the drizzle for softball. Impromptu square dancing and jazz sessions drew the talents of 1929 and its offspring until the Harvard Band arrived at 4:30 p.m.

Buses took reunioners bowling, since beaches were dampened, but the weather cleared enough to allow a putting contest. Otherwise the afternoon was given over to cards, the McCarthy hearings, and the occupation of all reunions, reminiscing.

Class symposium Today

Today's events begin at 9:30 a.m. with a Class of '29 symposium for adults and senior children in New Lecture Hall. In case of rain, the forum will be held in Paine Hall, which can accommodate only members of the class.

The Class will then assemble on Widener's steps for its picture and subsequently proceed with its families to Eliot House courtyard for cocktails and lunch.

At 1:30 p.m. all classmates and sons will form behind the 1929 banner and parade to Soldiers Field, where they will be met by their wives and daughters for the Harvard-Yale baseball game at 3 p.m.

It the ball game is rained out, adults and seniors will be admitted to free movies at the University Theater in Harvard square upon presentation of reunion badges. There will also be bowling and other indoor sports.

In the morning there will be sports for all three groups of reunion children, either in the Blockhouse pool or on Soldiers Field.

For the evening, adults will be taken to the main ballroom of the Sheraton Plaza in Boston at 7:15 p.m. for cocktails and dinner dancing. the senior sons and daughters will go to the University Club in Boston, while intermediates and juniors will take over the Union.

In case of rain again, the class luncheon will have to move indoors to the Eliot House dining room, which will not accommodate all reunion children. Under these circumstances, junior and intermediate reunioners will lunch in the Union.