Varsity Sextet Will Face Huskies In Inaugural of New Watson Rink

There won't be any ceremony before the inaugural varsity hockey game on the new Watson rink at 2 p.m. tomorrow, but the Crimson should make it an auspicious opening by repeating its early season victory over Northeastern.

The Huskies upset Boston University during the Christmas holidays but may provide only enough opposition for a Crimson tune-up in preparation for Tuesday's Pentagonal League opener with Brown.

In one major lineup change, Coach Cooney Weiland will probably give sophomore goalie Jim Bailey his first starting assignment. Bailey played the second period in the sextet's 11-1 victory over Northeastern.

Doug Manchester will make his return to the front line in the Arena Tourney permanent, combining with Bill Clearly and Terry O'Malley. This line had a hand in seven of the Crimson's eight goals against Boston College in the tourney.

Crehore Plays on Third Line

Another line will team Nod Bliss, Captain Scott Cooledge, and Frank Mahoney. This combination played strong defensive hockey throughout the tourney.

Weiland plans to alternate four men on his third line, Joe Crehore, Derick Nicholas, Albie Wells, and Tom Worthen. Worthen centered the line in the tourney, but Crehore has also been used in the center position this season.

Ned Almy, one of the two or three best defense men in New England, will team with Pete Summers on the starting defense. The other combination will pair Art Noyes, who scored twice in the second B.C. game, and Denny Little, who hadn't seen any action this season until the St. Lawrence contest.