Harriers to Meet Dartmouth Today

A. close race should be recorded this afternoon when the Crimson cross country team meets a strong Dartmouth squad in Hanover.

The varsity last year just managed to edge the Green at Franklin Park by a 25-34 score. In this afternoon's meet, however, the varsity will run over an unfamiliar course which is reputed to be tricky. The course runs through woods, and its many twist and turns tend to throw runners off the track.

Dartmouth will enter the race boasting a 2-2 seasonal record. The Indians have scalped Columbia and Brown, while losing by close scores to Boston University and Yale. The Crimson has defeated all of these teams, with the exception of Yale whom it is preparing to meet next week in the annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton triangular meet.

Captains Pitted

Although Captain Don French is suffering from a mild cold, the varsity looks in pretty good shape. French may run against Doug Brew, captain of the Dartmouth squad and rated one of the top runners in the East. He is undefeated this year. In last year's meet Brew was edged at the finish line by Al Wills of the Crimson, but Brew is improved this season.

Coach McCurdy excepts his winning depth to come from French, Pete Reider, Ralph Perry, Dick Wharton, Dave Mc-Lean, and A1 Wills. Filling the remaining slots will be Ken Wilson, Dave Norris, Bob Holmes, John Read, Jim Cairns, and Otis Gates.

The unbeaten Yardlings will face an undefeated Dartmouth this afternoon on the Greens' Indian Trail. The freshman are rated to win the meet by a close score, but Dartmouth has great depth which gives it a strong punch. Captain Dyke Benjamin and Bill Gillen are expected to led the Crimson assault on the Green.