Meigs Placed on Associated Press Ivy League Team

Varsity guard Bill Meigs won new football laurels yesterday when he was named to the Associated Press All-Ivy team for the second straight year. Meigs also placed on two "all opponent" squads.

At the same time, tackle Orville Tice and Fullback Tony Gianelly were named to the A.P.'s Ivy second team. But Yale, Dartmouth and Cornell led the poll, each placing two men on the first string eleven.

The A.P.'s first team consisted of Meigs, Elis Phil Tarasovic and Al Ward, Columbia's Claude Benham, Bill DeGraf and Stan Inthar of Cornell, Dartmouth center Bob Adelizzi and end Monte Pascoe, Penn's Jim Shada, Dick Martin of Princeton and Brown Captain Jim McGuiness.

Princeton's Royce Flippin and Dick Meade of Cornell, although "standouts" according to the A.P. failed to make the All-Ivy team because of injuries which kept them out of action most of the season.

Princeton coach Charlie Caldwell named both Meigs and Gianelly to his "all-opponent eleven." Meigs also placed on a similar Bucknell squad.

In another "all-star" team, Crimson halfback John Simourian was named to the 1955 All Armenian American eleven by the Hairenik, Boston Armenian weekly.