CRIMSON Editors Get Diverse Training

The man at the left had an urge to spend other people's money. Every day in every way he had grown more frustrated, because he had never wanted anything he couldn't afford. Then he came out for the CRIMSON editorial board and had a chance to spend the University's money in most remarkable ways. But his career on the CRIMSON was only the beginning, and he subsequently rose to national celebrity by utilizing his specialty in the White House.

Not all those who successfully complete the eight week editorial competition make such sensational progress; some have ended their careers as critics, humorists, and even as authors.

The man on the right was also interested in other people. He began his career on the newsboard of the CRIMSON, looking into the private affairs of the University. Curiosity subsequently led him to a most intimate knowledge of 17 Quincy Street, but his humanitarian interests also had repercussions in Hiroshima and Bonn.

Newsboard candidates do not have to wear glasses, nor even be able to predict the new German ambassador, but they will have an opportunity to question this Crimed's successor on Quincy Street. The competition will involve not only newspaper technique, but the digging up of news everywhere from trash baskets to racetracks.

The man in the middle founded a grocery store in South Dakota on the basis of his experience as CRIMSON business manager and has subsequently cornered the Canadian carrot market.

The CRIMSON competition will open Tuesday night at 7 p.m.