...AND SIN

The Mail: Cambridge Votes

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Your editorial endorsing the CCA for City Council was slightly misleading. It stated that the "CCA screened all 41 candidates and endorsed 10." Since the 10 endorsed are candidates reported to be favoring good government, the editorial implies that the remaining 31 are "for sin." The so-called independents are thus guilty by disassociation.

However, the CCA did not screen all the 41 candidates. It endorsed only those candidates who had voter appeal with a self-segregated block of citizens, and those candidates who committed themselves to the CCA platform....

Do we have representative government when we have office holders committed to the views of a small minority of a minority organization? The writer is not in conflict with the principle of civic reform, urban renewal, or municipal efficiency. He merely feels that some consideration for the views of city planning board technicians, parents, and the general public might be more in keeping with democratic principles.... Edmund J. Casey   (Independent and Democratic Candidate for City Council)