Varsity Hockey Team to Face B.C. Tonight in Traditional Garden Game

Close covering of the opposition has been the key to the past two varsity hockey practices in preparation for tonight's clash with traditional hockey rival Boston College at the Garden at 9 p.m.

Two ingredients are probably needed to bring about the Crimson's third straight victory over the Eagles. One is fewer uncovered men around the varsity cage, which Coach Cooney Weiland has been stressing, and the other is more of the line offensive hockey which the Crimson has shown itself able to play only occasionally so far this season.

Leading the Eagle attack is sophomore Dick Cain, who has been described by Coach Snooks Kelley as a player destined to be "one of the greatest centers B.C. has ever had." He is the first sophomore to center the first-string line since Kelley has been at B.C.

Cain's wings are Captain Ed Carroll, who scored twice against Brown in Wednesday night's 4-1 victory, and junior Bill Leary. Chick D'Entrement is starting in the Eagle goal for the third straight year and, like Crimson captain and goalie Charlie Flynn, will be playing his seventh varsity Harvard-Boston College game.

Several talented Eagle juniors--men like second line center Dick Michaud, defenseman Don Fox, and Leary have all had a year's experience and provide a powerful backbone for the team. Thy will be seeking their fourth victory in as many starts tonight, after defeating Tufts, Northeastern, and Brown.

Shuffled Third Line

Weiland has decided to use veteran Joe Crehore on the second Crimson line permanently, with center Bob McVey and Bob Owen. The first line will once again be made up of Bob Cleary, Terry O'Malley, and Lyle Guttu.

The third line combination has again been shuffled, and it is still questionable just whom Weiland will use on the line and how much he will use them. John Hamlen, Dick Allen, Dave Holmes, and Albie Wells will all dress, and there is a possibility that Art Noyes will see service on this line. When he does not, he will probably alternate at defense with Pete Summers and Mario Celi.

The Yardling hockey team, led by newly-elected Captain George Higginbottom, will face the B.C. freshmen on the Watson Rink at 4 p.m. today.