Favored Crimson Faces B.U. Sextet At 9 p.m. Tonight

The Boston University sextet has begun its return to local hockey eminence after two lean years, but it is questionable whether the Terriers can yet match the Crimson. The faceoff for tonight's attempt at the Garden is at 9 p.m.

With 11 sophomores on B.U.'s 21-man squad, the coming year should be primarily a building one, centered around these veterans of last year's outstanding freshman team. Drubbings like the 13-2 and 11-1 defeats at the hands of the Crimson and Boston College respectively last year are hardly likely to be repeated.

The Terriers lost their opening game to Brown last week but rebounded with a 5-3 victory over Yale Tuesday night, while the varsity was opening its own season by beating Northeastern, 8-3.

Coach Cooney Weiland plans to use a different third line combination tonight looking for the one that can "hold its own against any other line." Joe Crehore will center the unit, with some combination of Tom Worthen, John Hamlen, and Albie Wells skating on his wings.

The other lines will have the same combinations that played against Northeastern. Bob McVey will center for Art Neyes and Bob Owen, and Bob Clearly, who scored five points against the Huskies, will have Lyle Guttu and Terry O'Malley as his wings.

The defense combinations in front of captain and goalie Charlie Flynn will pair two sophomores, John Copeland and Dan Ullyot, and two seniors, Mario Celi and Pete Summers.