'Zzyz, Wigg,' Lozez Race for Lazt Lizting in New Bozton Phone Book

'As Phoney as We Are'

Five freshmen entered the race to obtain the last listing in the year's Boston telephone directory, but failed. The group, all from Wigglesworth J-21 and J-22, use the same phone, which is listed under "Zzyz, Wigg" at TR 6-8249.

The freshmen are Daniel M. Collier, Jr., Donald A. Millard, John E. Nathan, James S. Spiegler, and Bradford P. Straus. They decided to avoid the cost of three extra listings in the book, besides Straus' free one, by simply formulating a name which would be last in the directory.

Stacia Zzyzzle (pronounced Ze-zy-zel) foiled the attempt. Stacia, who lives at 11 Phillips St. "with my husband," can be reached at CA 7-5719. "we just moved here from Waterbury, Conn.," she said last night, "and we don't quite understand what all this furor about the last listing in the book is about."

Four working girls, who call themselves "Zzys, Zillman," had held last (or fist) place for five years. The girls, who live in a basement apartment at 525 Beacon St., have 400 empty bottles in their apartment--one from every party they have given. "Thank God Stacia has beaten us," one of the girls said. "Maybe we won't get so many 4 a.m. 'phone calls now. But we still think she's just as phoney as we are," she added.

Stella Zysyz, pronounced "Ze-Zy-zes," has been listed under that name since 1913 and is fourth from last in the current directory. She is real, a Lithuanian, and lives at 9 Newton St. in Cambridge.