Swim Team to Meet Undefeated Princeton

The Crimson swimming team will face an undefeated Princeton squad in the Princeton pool at 3 p.m. this afternoon in what is expected to be the varsity's toughest pro-Yale meet.

Princeton hasn't beaten any of its seven victims as easily as the Crimson has conquered the same opponents, and so the varsity may come back to Cambridge still undefeated, but not without a fight.

Several of this year's Tiger squad have set Princeton records this season. After Jim Sidford broke the 200-yard orthodox breaststroke record with at 2:35.5 performance at Navy, teammate John Swabey came back a week later at home against Army with a 2:30.7 clocking and a newer mark.

The Crimson's Dave Hawkins, who has not been swimming this event, and Sigo Falk, holder of the varsity's 2:33.9 mark, will have to move a good deal of water to take the needed first and third in the event.

Princeton's Pat Shannon and Jay Evans also engaged in double record-breaking in the 150-yard individual medley with times of 1:33.8 and 1:32.0. Pete Macky of the varsity will have to produce his best clocking to stay next to Hawkins in this race and place one-two.

The freshmen face even a rougher fee at Williston Academy, where they meet the holders of three national prop school records, also at 3 p.m.