Varsity Squash Team Defeats Williams; Victories in Late Matches Bring 5-4 Win

The varsity squash team won the final four matches to defeat Williams, 5 to 4, yesterday at Hemenway Gymnasium.

The match, however, was not as close as the score seems to indicate: the Crimson dropped only one game in its five victories, while two of the Ephs' wins were by 3 to 2 scores and another by a 3 to 1 margin.

Ben Heckscher and Mike Levinson, varsity numbers one and nine respectively, took only a little over 15 minutes to defeat their opponents, both winning 3-0.

Captain Bill Wister, at two, continued his fine play in overcoming Paul Quinn, who had previously been defeated only once, 9-15, 15-10, 15-12, and 15-9, and Cal Place displayed a powerful and aggressive game in routing John Wierdsmar of Williams in the number five match. At seven, Pete Milton, the final Crimson winner, played with precision and control to beat John Barton in straight games.

The freshman team, despite Ken McIntosh's victory at one, lost to a good Williams team, 6 to 3, yesterday at Hemenway. Both the varsity and freshmen travel to Amherst today to oppose the Lord Jeffs.