Houses Elect Eight Seniors To Committee

Balloting Heavy as Council Uses New Election System

Two former House Committee chairmen and one former Student Council member were among the eight seniors elected to the 1955 Permanent Class Committee in House elections yesterday. The three Marshals and one Member-at-Large were chosen Wednesday.

The two former House Committee chairmen elected are Arnold C. Greenberg of Kirkland and Hartford, Conn., and Daniel K. Mayers of Leverett and Scarsdale, N.Y. Arthur G. Tallas of Boston, a former Student Council member, will be the Dudley member of the Committee.

The other five House representatives chosen are Francis H. Duehay of Adams and Cambridge, Gerald A. Lewis of Dunster and Birmingham, Ala., Walter M. Cabot of Eliot and Dover, Mass., James J. Pates, Jr. of Lowell and Northport, N.Y., and David S. Wise of Winthrop and Cambridge.

Will Plan Senior Week

As members of the Class Committee, the eight men will aid the Marshals and Member-at-Large in planning Senior Week. Following graduation, the Committee will organize reunions and lead fund-raising drives for the class.

Voting in all Houses but Winthrop was high, with more than 75 percent of Adams and Dunster House members balloting, John A. Coyne '56, chairman of the Student Council Elections Committee said.

The Class Committee election was held this year for the first time under a new system adopted last autumn by the Student Council in order to assure a wider personal acquaintance between the electorate and the Committee by having at least one Committee member elected from each House.