John P. Coolidge '35, Director of Fogg Art Museum, and Charies L. Kuhn '28, Curator of the Busch-Reisinger Museum of Germanic Culture, have been promoted to full professorship, it has been aunounced.
Both teach in the Fine Arts Department and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences in addition to their museum duties.
Before coming to the University in 1947, Coolidge taught at Vassar and the University of Pennsylvania. A historian in architecture, he became Director of the Fogg Art Museum in 1948.
Kuhn has been a member of the faculty since 1930, and was Chairman of the Fine Arts Department from 1949 to 1953. He built up a strong collection of material on the "Banhaus," center of modern German design, and broadened the Busch-Reisinger Museum's collections in North European materials. He was editor of "Art Bulletin," a College Art Association publication from 1948 to 1950.