Four Trackmen to Join with Ephmen On Southern Tour

Four trackmen will join the lacrosse, golf, rugby, and baseball squads this weekend in the massive Crimson athletic exodus from Cambridge.

Teaming up with 16 runners from Williams as an unofficial track team, the Crimson runners will also survey possibilities of an annual Southern tour for the entire track squad. They will seek financial assistance for such a trip from the newly-formed Friends of Harvard Track.

The four Crimson representatives organized the informal group last December with Williams' captain Bob Beher when the Ephmen met the Crimson in Cambridge.

Crimson captain Bob Rittenburg will run the hurdles and broad jump for the group, Don French will compete in the two-mile, Renny Little will do the quarter-mile and fill in on the relay team, while Al Wills will run the mile.

The informal squad will travel by car and is scheduled to meet V.P.I. on Monday night. The runners will face Davidson in North Carolina on Tuesday and then compete in a triangular meet in Richmond, Va., against Hampton-Sydney and Richmond.

The four Crimson runners are also planning to visit interested College alumni and alumni organizations in their effort to plan future southern tours for the Crimson squad.

The first appeals for the Friends of Harvard Track were sent out two weeks ago, although no response has been received yet.