Crimson Tennis Team Will Face West Point Today

The varsity tennis team resumes league competition when it meets Army today on the Soldiers Field courts at 3 p.m. In its only other league match to date, the Crimson edged Navy at Annapolis, 5-4.

Last year the varsity beat the Cadets, 7-2. Coach Jack Barnaby, while not exactly certain of the Cadets' material this year, said "We probably should be favored, though Army, because of a fine coach who really knows his onions, always has good teams." In three matches, the Cadets have won one and lost two, beating New York University and losing to powerful Princeton and Swarthmore.

Sophomore Steve Gottlieb, who was number one on the southern trip and four in the last two matches, quit the team during the week and, as a result, all players below three have moved up a position. Otherwise, the order will be the same as against Presbyterian, with Maynard Canfield filling in at six.

At one, the Crimson's Ham Gravem will oppose the Army captain and coach's son, Roland Nordlie, whom he defeated last year, 6-2, 7-5. Captain Alex Haegler, playing two, will face Joe Grubbs, whom he also beat last season.

In doubles, Barnaby is still not definite about his line-up, but he will probably use Brooks Harris and Haegler at one.