Varsity Lacrosse Team Will Play U. of Penn Today in Away Game

The lacrosse team will meet the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia this morning in an evenly balanced contest.

Penn has a relatively green team with only four returning lettermen from last year's strong squad. The Quakers ended last season with eight wins and five losses, having beaten the Crimson.

On Wednesday Navy beat the Quakers, 23-2, and Penn lost to Princeton last Saturday, 9-0. On the Crimson's spring trip, Navy defeated the varsity, 21-3, and Princeton beat the team, 22-3.

The Crimson will be seriously handicapped by the absence of Don Davidoff from the attack and Peto Palches from the midfield. Coach Munro will probably shift Ed Ansin into the attack slot vacated by Davidoff, and substitute Tim Draper for Palches.

With Davidoff and Palches out of the starting lineup, Munro said the Crimson chances of winning were not very good.

The freshman lacrosse squad will meet a team from Tabor Academy this morning in Marion, Mass. The freshmen have a 1-1 record this year, losing to Deerfield Academy last Saturday, 8-5 and beating M.I.T., 13-2, on Tuesday.