Gen. Ed. Will Present Five New Courses

Elementary Courses Planned In Natural, Social Sciences

The Committee on General Education plans to add courses in Natural Sciences and in Social Sciences, plus three additional upper level courses next year, Philip H. Rhinclander '29, Director of General Education, announced yesterday. The new courses are subject to approval by the Committee on Educational Policy, which in expected soon.

Bart J. Bok, Robert Wheeler Wilson Professor of Applied Astronomy, and Lewis D. Leet, professor of Geology, will teach Natural Sciences 7, Problems of the Earth and the Universe. Bok explained yesterday that the course will take up topics in astronomy and geology, showing how current concepts have been developed but laying more emphasis on what present ideas are.

Yardling Nat. Sci.

The course if further designed to provide continuity between the Natural Sciences courses in the physical and biological sciences. It will be given Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11 a.m., with an additional one and one half hour weekly section.

Clyde K. M. Kluckhohn, professor of Anthropology, will give Social Sciences 4, Natural Man and Ideal Man in Western Though, and Henry A. Murray '15, professor of Clinical Psychology, will deliver occasional lectures. The course will examine traditional concepts of man in the light of contemporary anthropology and psychology. It will meet Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 10 a.m.

A course in Humanities and two in Social Science will also be added to the upper level schedule. All three are half-courses. I. A. Richards, University Professor, will give Humanities 132, The Reading of Poetry, in the spring term.

Old and New Politics

Eric A. Havelock, professor of Greek and Latin, will teach Social Sciences 117, Classic Political Theory and the Democratic Process. This course is scheduled for Tuesday, Thursday, and (Saturday) at 10 a.m. No one has yet been selected to teach Social Sciences 132, Classics of Historical Writing: Eighteenth Century to the Present.