Uncoordinated Crimson Lacrosse Team Edges Engineer Squad 6-5

Levis' Injury Hurts

The varsity lacrosse team's first easy victim proved tougher than expected yesterday as the Crimson barely edged M.I.T., 6 to 5.

Humpered by the partial loss of Captain Dexter Lewis, and by lack of coordination in the midfields, the Crimson played its sloppiest game of the season. Also, M.I.T. showed much improvement over early season scrimmages.

Lewis, currently one of the nation's top scorers, pulled a leg muscle in the Penn game Saturday and was only able to play half the game. Slowed to a walk when he did see action, Lewis nevertheless led the Crimson attack with two goals.

The remaining Crimson goals were scored by Larry Coburn, Don Davidoff. Pete Palches, and Albie Wells. Davidoff and Palches returned to action after missing the Penn game, but the necessary coordination in attack and midfield was lacking.

Sloppy playing conditions due to rain, and excessive penalty-calling combined to hold down the scoring. The Crimson was charged with 21 penalties, far above its usual average per game, while M.I.T. was only charged with 11.

At Exeter, the freshmen dropped their third game in four starts is the perennially powerful school by a 14-6 score. Attackman Mike Shaw led the Yardling offense with three goals. Mike Smith scored two goals and Chuck Mallones scored one to complete the Crimson total. The freshmen will seek their second victory against Williams on Saturday.