B-School Men Reveal Cases Of Dishonesty

Student Groups to Propose Vote on Honor System Plan

By Bruce M. Reeves

The Business School Student Association yesterday announced it has discovered cases of cheating on examinations and that an honor system proposal will be set to students for a vote.

In a letter which will be mailed to all first-year and middle-management students, the executive board of the Association disclosed that men had been illegally discussing exam questions in small groups while the case examinations were still in progress.

The letter said, however, that the primary purpose of the honor system proposal was, in effect, to organize the School's "code of ethics."

Frank B. Bondurant 2 GB, president of the Student Association, stated last night that details of the proposed system will be announced next Friday and that a two-thirds majority vote will be necessary to present the proposal before the Administration for approval.

Committee to Investigate Cheating

Bondurant also said the School's Education Committee has been asked to investigate the question of cheating.

The preliminary proposal emphasized that the system "would not turn every student into a 'Big Brother'" because a man's self-respect would eliminate any attempts to cheat under a student-supported plan.

It added that the main problem would be only to overcome the "initial student inertia" opposing the system's establishment.

The Association's letter to the students admitted, however, that if the honor system is voted down then "more effective means of disciplinary control by proctors" may be necessary.

Only those men who will still be at the School next year when the proposal would first be put into effect will be eligible to vote.