Brattle to Present Plays in Summer

The Brattle Theatre will present four Shakespearian plays this summer beginning on July 5 with "Henry the Fourth, Part I," Bryant Haliday '49 announced last night. The purpose of the run is to raise money for the planned Harvard Theatre.

Cast for the summer productions will include a number of the players from the original Harvard Theatre Workshop, organized in 1945.

The group will give "Othello," "Much Ado About Nothing," and "Measure for Measure" after "Henry the Fourth, Part I." Each play will run two weeks.

"We have already raised enough capital to subsidize the production for the entire summer," Haliday said.

The cast will include Haliday (also manager of the theatre), Seymour Harvey '49, Jerry Kilty '49, Miles Morgan '49, Mendy Weisgal '49; Paul Sparer will handle props, and Arson Charles will be in charge of costumes.

Directors for the productions are still uncertain according to Haliday, but he hopes that Albert Marre, director of "Kismet," will be back in time for the last play.

The performance of "Henry the Fourth" will be a repeat of the one the same group gave in Sanders Theatre in 1948.