Crimson Hurlers 5th, 10th in EIBL

Crimson hurler Andy Ward tied Ray Carisen of Yale for most shutouts in the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League this season and ranks fifth among the six M.L.B.L. pitchers with earned run averages under two per game, the Eastern College Athletic Conference announced yesterday.

The varsity's ken Rossano, whose two wins and no losses in League competition made him one of the four moundsmen in the E.I.B.L. with perfect records, is tied with Dick Regnier of Army for ninth in the pitchers' ranking with an ERA of 3:43, but Regnier may hurl in one more game.

Ward, who shut out both Navy and Dartmouth by identical 3-0 scores, had an ERA of 1.52 over the League season. He is the lone senior with an earned run average of less than two.

Going into his last contest, Ward had pitched five complete games, won them all, and allowed only three earned runs. But as the Crimson lost the team title to Yale, 8 to 3, Ward lost mound laurels. Eli Ken Mackenzie who bested him in that final game, ranked fourth in League hurling with a 1:42 ERA.