Med School Will Hold Alumni Day Ceremony Today

Annual Alumni Day ceremonies of the Harvard Medical School will be held today at the Medical School Quadrangle.

Joint Class Day exercises will be observed by the Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine in the Quadrangle, tomorrow.

The Medical School Alumni Day exercises will open at 9:30 a.m. with the annual business meeting. Dr. Conrad Wesselboeft, president of the Medical School Alumni Association, and Dr. George P. Berry, Dean of the Medical School, will speak. Association officers will be elected at this session.

Following the business meeting, at 10 a.m., Dr. William B. Castle, professor of Medicine, will preside as moderator of a medical symposium.

Speakers and their topics at the symposium will be: Dr. Joseph C. Aub, professor of Research Medicine, "An Eider Statesman's View on Research in Medicine;" Dr. Robert E. Gross, professor of Child Surgery, "Surgery for Atrial Septal Defects;" Dr. John F. Enders, associate professor of Bacteriology and Immunology, "How to Pick a Smart Associate;" Dr. Thomas H. Weller, professor of Tropical Health, "Some of my Viral Friends," and Dr. Joseph A. Garland, Editor, New England Journal of Medicine, "Some Accessory Factors in Medical Education."

Class Day Activities for the Medical School and School of Dental Medicine will open at 10:30 a.m. tomorrow, in the Medical School Quadrangle with the presentation of student awards including the Medical School Alumni prize.

At noon the Medical School and School of Dental Medicine will join for luncheon in the Quadrangle. Following lunch School of Dental Medicine student awards will be presented in separate ceremonies.