Baseball Team Visits Pennsylvania In Quest of Fourth EIBL Victory

The best Crimson ball club in at least a decade will travel to Philadelphia today to play an average Penn team in the varsity's fourth Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League game of the year. Following the tilt with the Quakers, the team will go to Princeton and continue its quest of the EIBL championship against the Tigers tomorrow.

Penn's new coach, Jack McClosky, will start junior Tony Plaskonos on the mound against either Andy Ward or Ken Rossano. Both Ward and Rossano turned in their top performances of the year in their top performances of the year in their last outings.

Shortstop Mike Dalton, who has complied a 450 batting average so far this season, is the most dangerous Penn hitter, besides being the stalwart of a tight Quaker infield. Third baseman Jim Castle, ex-football captain, provides the team's long ball threat. Penn pitching has been weak, however, and the Crimson should be able to win.

Against the Tigers results may be different. After a mediocre start, Princeton has reeled off five straight wins, for a 9-4 record. Before today's game with Army, the Tigers are 2-1 in the league.

Captain John Easton, currently the league's leading hitter with a soaring 583 mark, provides the bright spot in an otherwise weak attack. The Tigers have a sound fielding nine, boistered by an improving pitching staff.