1930 Arrives for Five-Day Celebration, 25th Reunion

Tours, Parties, Symposia Mark Traditional Return

Thirteen hundred spirited reunioners descended on the College by 11 p.m. last night to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their graduation by the traditional five days of revelry, touring, and symposia. With 200 classmates and family members due to arrive today, the silver anniversary of the Class of 1930 promises to be the most instructive, exciting, and entertaining reunion in the academic--or party-giving world.

Initial get-together parties were varied yesterday, ranging from the opening symposium in Sanders to the "warm up" sessions for all age groups in the evening.

Tours will open the second day--to spots of either historical or scientific interest. The Phi Beta Kappa parade and exercises, with Louis Untermeyer as poet, will begin at 10:45 a.m., and the afternoon offers a choice of either the second symposium or more guided tours.

The traditional Memorial Service for deceased members of the Class will be held at 4:30 in Memorial Church. Dinner and music at the Pops will be the main attractions of the evening schedule.

While the classmen and their ladies are at the Pops, their children, of various ages, will be enjoying dinner dances. The reunion is particularly notable for the complete arrangements, facilities and programs for the children or classmen.

Tuesday will be devoted primarily to fun, games, and lobster at the Essex Country Club--another of the reunion's traditional highlights.

Following the class symposium at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday and the Lowell House luncheon, the first gala parade of the reunion will take place. Class members will march to the Harvard-Yale baseball game, and have scheduled a victory dinner for that evening at the Sheraton Plaza.

Alumni Parade

Commencement Day brings the five-day festivities to a more solemn climax. The Alumni Parade will join the Commencement parade in welcoming young scholars into the community of educated men.

Addresses and parts, in Latin, English, and of a humorous nature will signalize these ceremonies, followed by distributtion of degrees to interested parties in the Houses, and a spread for classmen only in the Straus Quadrangle.

The afternoon Alumni Parade will begin Alumni exercises in the Tercentenary Theatre. At that time, those who received honorary degrees will explain why. A farewell tea, in the Union from 4 to 7 p.m. will close the Reunion activities.

The undergraduate program of special interest to reunloners includes the Senior Spread tonight in Eliot House Courtyard, commissioning exercises of ROTC units on Tuesday and Wednesday, Class Day exercises Wednesday, and Commencement on Thursday.