Wolff Wins Grant To Study in Italy

Christian G. Wolff '55 has received a Fulbright grant to study Classics and Comparative Literature at the University of Florence, the University has announced.

A $50 prize has also been awarded to J. Carter Brown '56 as the junior showing the greatest promise among undergraduates concentrating in History and Literature.

The income from the James Gordon Bennett Fund has been awarded to Joseph Cooper '55 for a thesis entitled "The Legislative Veto: Its Promise and Its Perils," while Richard H. Ullman '55 will receive the income from the Philo Sherman Bennett Fund for his thesis "Two Americans in Moscow: A Study in Non-Professional Diplomacy."

Harry K. Schwartz '55 has won the $150 Eric Firth Prize for a thesis entitled "The American Legion: A Case Study in the Nature of Americanism," and Peter L. Malkin '55 will receive the income from the Chase Fund for his thesis "The Relationship of the Soviet Union to the Non-Communist World: 'Revolutionary,' 'Legitimate,' or Neither?"

The income from the Sumner Fund has been awarded to Jiri Liska 4G for his thesis entitled "The Multiple Equilibrium: A Theory of International Organization of Collective Security," while Dennis E. Brown '55 has won the income from the Maurice Donner Sherman Fund. Edward K. Dunham III '55 has won the income from the Wister Fund as the senior concentrating in Music who has the highest record in his field.