Expansion Report Of Three Groups To Be Postponed

The three faculty committees set up to gather information concerning the problems of expansion will not complete their reports for at least a month, an administration official said yesterday.

These groups, appointed in October by President Pusey, were originally scheduled to complete their work by Christmas vacation. But during December their deadline was extended until the end of this term.

When their reports are completed the three--a Committee on Appointments, Promotions, and Retirements, a Committee on Compensation, and a Committee on Undergraduate Costs, will report directly to President Pusey. He will then determine whether to make the report public.

One Report Ready

Although delayed, the committees have already spent much time in gathering information, and at least one is ready to draw up a report at present.

The Faculty Committee on Educational Policy also has changed its plans on issuing a report. Assigned last year to study the general problem of faculty reaction to expansion, the group, under the chairmanship of Dean Bundy, probably will not make a definite report in the near future to President Pusey. The material has been too complex for a conclusion to be reached at present, the high administrator said.