Varsity Sextet Faces Green In First Ivy League Contest

There will be only one Canadian on the ice in tomorrow night's varsity hockey game with Dartmouth at the Watson Rink--the Crimson's own Terry O'Malley.

After a vacation of comforts against teams that had few if any American players, the varsity will be turning to Ivy League competition for the first time this year. Debating champion for the second year in a row, the Crimson has lost only one of its last nineteen Ivy games.

One other Canadian might have appeared tomorrow--Dartmouth captain Abner Oakes, a native of Quebec. But Okes injured his ankle severely in a game against Northeastern early last month and has been sidelined for the season.

The Green has nine sophomores on its 16-man squard, all veterans of last year's outstanding freshman team. One of them is goalie Fred Bagnall, who will be trying to fill the place of ace netminder, Gordie Russell, lost through graduation.

Summers III

Crimson defenseman Pete Summers, who has been shifted to wing on the second line by coach Cooney Weiland, has developed a case of tonsilitis and may or may not be able to start tomorrow. If he isn't, Art Noyes will probably play on the line with Bob Owen and Joe Crehore.

Weiland has decided to give the varsity a day of rest today and as of last night hadn't decided who would be skating on the third line. Once again it will be some combination of Dick Allen, Derick Nicholas, Tom Worthen, Dave Holmes, Albie Wells, and John Hamlen.

The starting line will be made up of O'Malley, Bob Cleary, and Lyle Guttu, and the starting defense pair will be Dan Ullyot and John Copeland.

The undefeated Yardling sextet will face the Boston University freshmen in an afternoon game at Watson tomorrow, starting at 3 p.m.