Crimson Defeats Weak Green, 9-0, In Squash Match

The varsity squash team swept through Dartmouth Saturday at Hanover for their fourth consecutive win and their third straight 9 to 0 score. Despite the absence of Ben and Martin Hockscher and Lanny Thomas, the team had no trouble, winning the match with the loss of only four games.

Dartmouth was missing their number-one man, John Pierson. As a result the first singles match was played by the second man on each team. Captain Pete Milton won the match easily over Bill Parke, 15-12, 15-4, and 15-8.

The other matches, with the exception of number six singles, and followed the same pattern with each man winning with little or no difficulty. At the six position, Larry Sears was extended to the limit before winning, 12-15 15-8, 15-8, 12-15, and 15-8.

33-3 Record

With their first four matches in the record book, the varsity boasts a record of 33 wins and three losses in individual matches for a .917 percentage. They have won 104 out of 122 games for a game percentage of .852.

The summaries: Milton (H) d. Parke, 3-0; Place (H) d. Jonks, 3-0; Folger (H) d. Daniels, 3-0; MacVeagh (H) d. Levy, 3-1; Cortesi, R (H) d. Buswell, 3-0; Sears (H) d. Shepard, 3-2; Bacon, (H) d. Porter, 3-1; Davis (H) d. Baehr, 3-0; Holmes (H) d. Craig, 3-0.